- Ash handling in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- Condensate system in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- Cooling water treatment in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- Dosing and chemical storage in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- External cooling in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- FGD wastewater treatment in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- Flue gas desulfurization in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- Fuel conditioning and combustion in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
- Water-steam cycle in hard coal and lignite-fired power plants
Hard coal and lignite-fired power plants in the power generation industry
- Instrumentation across the entire power generation process from coal preparation until fly ash
- Standardized differential pressure as well as Ultrasonic flow metering solutions for the water-steam cycle
- Certified meters according to MID (measuring instruments directive) for CHP projects
- Complete fuel gas systems ready for operation
A modern Ultra-Supercritical Coal-fired power plant can reach electrical efficiencies of more than 42% and, when operating with co-generation, can exceed 90%. USC plants use main steam parameters of 650°C or more, at pressures of 275 to 320 bar. Depending on the design, they burn hard coal or lignite. Special designs are also available for low volatile coal. In most cases pulverized fuel low NOx burners are used, plus staged combustion with secondary and over fire air. SCR, ESP and FGD remove further NOx, particulate matter and SOx from the flue gas. Modern processes are designed with a double reheat Rankine process and subsequently use a multi-pressure steam turbine. The heat of the exploited steam can further be used in cogeneration. The collected condensate will be degassed, pre-heated and again pressurised up to 350 bar by high pressure feedwater pumps in order to create further steam.
KROHNE can address the supply of all major process control instrumentation across the entire power generation process and BOP. The industry specific solutions and products available meet the particular requirements of the power generation process like standards, materials, testing and documentation.
KROHNE Global Industry Division Power generation
Our Global Industry Division Power Generation serves beside KROHNE Nuclear all other thermoelectric power generation processes, from renewable and low carbon processes to fossil technologies and heat distribution. Our services range from supply of a single DP transmitter up to the complete execution of project packages - such as fully engineered metering solutions with coverage of all project phases, through to commissioning and training. A number of unique application specific products and solutions for the power generation market offer benefits for end users as well as for the EPC companies. With our international presence in more than 100 countries local support is available around the World.