The VA40 is a glass tube variable area (VA) flowmeter for flow measurement of liquids and gases. The all-purpose flowmeter is suitable for all basic applications up to +100°C / +212°F and max. 10 bar / 145 psi. Typical applications include flow measurement of flushing, purging or inert gases or heating and cooling circuits.
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Simple, low-cost measuring principle without auxiliary power
- For direct reading of the flow and observation of the medium
- Optional MIN/MAX flow switches (SIL 2 conform acc. to IEC 61508-2) or 4…20mA for recording and control
- Full scale value for liquids: 0.4…10,000 l/h / 0.1…2,650 GPH
- Full scale value for gases: 7…310,000 l/h / 0.25…11,000 SCFH
- Maximum measuring error: ±1% (acc. to VDI/VDE 3513-2) or ±1% of full scale
- Turndown ratio 10:1
- Use in hazardous areas
- Suitable for use in Safety Instrumented Systems with SIL 2, in redundant design (1oo2) also in SIL 3 applications (type A device)
- Available as food and pharmaceutical variant (with FDA compliant materials)